Stay Safe With These Holiday Travel Tips
The holiday season is in full swing, which means that you may find yourself packing your bags to visit loved ones far away. While you are trying to fit that one last sweater into your suitcase, make sure to take some time to think about how to stay safe. Keep these holiday travel tips in mind to ensure that you make it safely to your destination.
If you are flying this holiday season:
- Always take disinfecting wipes or hand sanitizer with you. Wipe down surfaces on the plane, such as the tray table, so you do not show up at your loved ones house sniffling and sneezing.
- Try not to touch your face on the plane to avoid transferring germs. Wash your hands as often as possible to help keep you healthy.
- If you are sick, try to postpone your trip. Germs can easily spread in tight spaces, such as in a plane.
If you are driving this holiday season:
- Take your car to the mechanic to ensure that it is working properly. Get your oil changed and make sure that your tires are properly inflated.
- Check to make sure that your headlights are working properly so that you can see well on the road, and so that others can see you.
- Pack an emergency kit in your car in case you get stuck. Your emergency kit should include blankets, water, food, flashlights, jumper cables, and any vital medications.
- Take breaks as often as necessary when driving to avoid getting tired behind the wheel. If possible, switch drivers each time you stop.
- Check the weather report before you head out. If the weather is especially bad, consider postponing your trip.
For all of your insurance needs this holiday season and to ensure that you are protected from any unfortunate situation, contact The Schwab Agency in Colleyville, Texas.