Holiday Safety Tips
With the holidays right around the corner, you may find that your mind is going a million miles a minute, making sure you have all the right gifts and ingredients for your family dinner. Even though you may be busier than usual this season, it is important to remember to stay safe. Keep these holiday safety tips in mind to ensure that your holiday is full of joy.
- Do not leave any of your new gifts in visible areas of your vehicle. If you have to leave something in your car, put it in the trunk or hide it under a seat.
- Always be aware of your surroundings when you are walking to your car. If you see any suspicious activity, do not go to your car. Instead, go back into the store and ask a security guard for help.
- If you use an ATM in the mall to withdraw cash, shield the keypad when you are entering your PIN and only take out as much money as you need.
- Try to use your credit card to pay for purchases instead of your debit card since credit card companies have better fraud protection, so it will be easier to get your money back if your identity is stolen.
- If you are shopping with your children, make sure that they always stay where you can see them at all times.
- Always lock all of your doors and windows whenever you leave your house, even if you are only going to be gone for a couple minutes.
- Do not keep presents in front of a window where they can be seen, since it will give thieves a good idea what is in your house.
Having the right insurance policies is the best way to ensure that you are protected in case of any unfortunate situation this season. Contact The Schwab Agency in Colleyville, Texas for all of your insurance coverage needs.